The Sanford Lake Association is a organized as a 501c3 exempt organization.
Our EIN number is 383461209.
You may verify the SLA’s exempt status from the following IRS page by entering our EIN number and selecting Search, then clicking under the Deductibility Status the link title PC:
Disclaimer: If you have any questions concerning the tax implications of your deduction, please consult your tax authority.
Some additional information:
1) SLA memberships and donations under $250 are tax deductible and do not require a receipt.
2) For Fireworks, if the donation is greater than $250, the SLA is required to provide a written disclosure before the donation can be they can claimed.
IRS Publication 1771, Charitable Contributions-Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements explains the federal tax law for tax-exempt organizations that receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
There are two general rules that must be met in order to be in compliance with the substantiation and disclosure requirements:
- a donor is responsible for obtaining a written acknowledgment from a charity for any single contribution of $250 or more before the donor can claim a charitable contribution on his/her federal income tax return;
- a charitable organization is required to provide a written disclosure to a donor who receives goods or services in exchange for a single payment in excess of $75.
- Although it is the donor’s responsibility to obtain a written acknowledgment for a contribution, and an organization that does not acknowledge a contribution incurs no penalty. Nonprofits can assist a donor by providing a timely, written statement containing the following information:
- name of organization
- amount of cash contribution
- description (but not value) of non-cash contribution
- statement that no goods or services were provided by the organization in return for the contribution
The acknowledgment may be in an email. The charity should not include the donor’s social security number on the letter; it is not necessary to include the charity’s tax identification number on the acknowledgment.