About the Sanford Lake Association
The Sanford Lake Association (SLA) is comprised of home-owners on and around Sanford Lake. We are a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization in the State of Michigan and funded soley by membership dues. Our primary concern is to look after the interests of both the lake and it’s residents and to look after the overall well-being of our lake. Some of our specific purposes include:
- To raise awareness of lake issues with the community
- To develop a partnership with lake neighbors
- To launch fundraising events and apply for grants
- To be a platform for concerns to be heard by local government
- To gain a historical perspective for long-time residents
- To collect data on a broad range of lake concerns (water quality, development, lake-use concerns, etc)
- To gather information and present educational programs for our members and those near the lake
- To develop a long-range lake management plan
- To act as a support group for members
We publish a newsletter several times a year which can be found here.
We are responsible for putting together the annual fireworks display over Sanford lake and the Boat Swap held in the spring.
The Sanford Lake Association Constitution and By-laws can be found here.
For membership information please visit our Membership page.