The following are key documents made available to the general public from FERC’s elibrary; there are several others in addition to these. The SLA is publishing just the key documents so our lake communities have equal access to these documents.
The SLA Board of Directors is monitoring these events and will update our membership when appropriate.
Four documents were released in rapid fashion on Feb. 15, 2018
- FERC issues a order proposing to revoke the Edenville dam license from Boyce
- FERC issues order denying Rehearing
- FERC dismisses request for Rehearing
- FERC responds to a request from Congressman John Moolenaar made in Dec.
- Wixom Lake Association and Smallwood Lake Associations letters to FERC challenging the timing of the reservoir lowering in July 2018 for the planned focused spillway inspections.
- FERC has amended the original Stay based on Boyce’s concern with icing of the gates at Edenville to control the lake level. They are allowing Boyce to resume flowing water thru the turbines to insure the Edenville Lake level is under control until March 31. In addition Boyce must submit weekly photographs of the gates.
- Boyce’s Engineer submits plan on Focused Spillway Inspections of all four dams. “In order to perform the inspections, each of the reservoirs below three of the Boyce Hydro dams (Smallwood, Wixom, and Sanford) must be lowered approximately four feet”. July 2018 is suggested as the target dates for this inspection.
- Boyce’s formal request to FERC on winter operation concerns
- Boyce voices concerns on winter operations with the spillway gates
- Boyce Request for Hearing filing
- Wixom Lake Association’s submits to FERC their concerns
- Boyce’s Law Firm response to FERC’s order
- FERC issues an order for Boyce to cease power generation at the Edenville Dam.